MARION COUNTY, Fla.— The Marion County Sheriff’s Office released details in the arrest of a Eustis Middle School teacher earlier this week.
On Friday, MCSO announced the arrests of six males for possessing child sexual abuse materials (CSAM) including a Eustis Middle School teacher who was also a volleyball coach at the school. Michael “Mr. K” Kozierowski, 58, of Ocklawaha, is facing 10 counts of possession of child pornography and could face more charges if additional images or videos are found on any of his electronic devices, MCSO said in a press release. Eustis Police Department was notified of Kozierowski’s arrest and Lake County Schools notified parents by email and phone Wednesday afternoon.
According to Kozierowski’s arrest affidavit, when law enforcement officers arrived at his home and requested to view his electronic devices, he “immediately became visibly nervous” and said he was a teacher at Eustis Middle School and he would not allow law enforcement to look at his devices without a lawyer present. Authorities secured a search warrant and found 10 video files depicting prepubescent females in various sex acts. Many of the files had been downloaded recently and viewed as recently as Saturday.
A large number of compressed files were also found and are expected to contain more CSAM, and the arresting detective requested Kozierowski be held on no bond. The request was granted and Kozierowski is being held in the Marion County Jail.
“Much of the CSAM he possessed and viewed depicted children that are around the same age of the children he daily has care, custody and control over. The defendant’s release poses serious risk to the community due to his access to children and sexual attraction to them,” a detective noted in the affidavit.
MCSO, along with Ocala Police Department and Homeland Security Investigations concluded the operation this week after receiving tips from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC.) Authorities searched electronic devices tied to the six males and each male was found to be in possession of CSAM, according to MCSO.
In addition to Kozierowski, five more males were also arrested:
- Daniel Carroll, 31, was arrested for 22 counts of possession of child pornography
- Matthew Davidson, 17, was arrested for six counts of possession of child pornography
- Dominik Robinson, 20, was arrested for seven counts of possession of child pornography. Unlawful use of a two-way communication device and resisting arrest without violence
- Christopher Carley 19,was arrested for 20 counts of possession of child pornography
- Cameron Rios, 27, was arrested for seven counts of possession of child pornography, unlawful use of a two-way communication device.